Pre-operative Hair Transplant Instructions
Thank you for choosing us for your hair restoration journey. We are excited to be a part of your transformation. To ensure a smooth procedure and achieve the best possible results, we would like to provide you with some important pre-treatment instructions:
- Make sure you have stated all medications you are currently taking and any health conditions and allergies you may have.
- Avoid blood thinners a week before the procedure, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, garlic, and spices. They can complicate the procedure and hinder the healing process. It is okay to have Paracetamol at this time.
- Multivitamins, herbal supplements, and high potency formulas should be avoided a week before your hair restoration.
- Minoxidil formulations should be stopped two days before the procedure.
- It is not necessary to stop taking finasteride prior to your hair transplant surgery.
- Once your booking is confirmed, we will send you a private prescription. Take this prescription to your local pharmacy to obtain the necessary medications. Store them safely, away from direct sunlight and out of reach of children. Bring the medications with you to the clinic on the day of your procedure. Our medical team will provide further guidance on their usage and post-procedure care.
- Alcohol needs to be avoided for 48 hours before your surgery.
- Have a light breakfast on the day of your hair restoration. However, avoid all caffeinated beverages.
- Be sure you have picked up all of your prescription medications.
- Wash your hair with Hibiscrub Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser 4% on the day of the procedure. Apply on your scalp, lather, leave
in place for one minute and rinse out. Do not apply hair products on the day of the procedure.
- We will take care of your haircut.
- Wear comfortable clothing during your hair restoration procedure. Be sure to wear a shirt that does not need to be pulled off over the top of your head. A button-up shirt would be perfect.
- Please bring your own music or books that can keep you occupied during the procedure if needed.
- Please arrive at the office at the scheduled time.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the pre-operative instructions, don’t wait until the day of your hair transplant procedure. Please contact Dr Bonaros or the nursing staff ahead of time.